Search This Blog

Japan Historics 2 - Finally

To be honest, I didn't think I'd ever have any Japan Historics models in my Hot Wheels collection.   I've never seen them on the pegs in the stores around where I live in Canada for as long as they've been out for.   I think it's been over a year now since the issue of JH2.

So I was pleasantly surprised to find some hanging on the pegs at the ToysRUs store in the Festival Walk mall which is located in Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong.   I went there to check on their Tomica offerings but ended up checking the Hot Wheels aisle. 

The JH2 cards were really bent at the corners and creased.  The only car missing from the series was the  silver Datsun Bluebird.  As part of the TRU promotion, if you purchased 3 Hot Wheels cars, you got the 4th one free.  That ended up working out for me.  I'll eventually get rid of the packaging anyways.






So each car cost me $59 HKD or approximately $7.54 USD each.  Out of the 4 cars, one was free so the total cost was about $180 HKD or about $23 USD / $30 CDN.  In Canadian dollars, each car is about $10 CDN, before the discount and $7.50 CDN after discount.

I also visited the ToysRUs store in Tsim Sha Tsui a few weeks ago, but didn't find any Japan Historics 2 there.  So far most of my diecast acquisitions have been Tomicas.  To see the latest updates, feel free to check out http://mytomica.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback, comments and questions are welcome!